Your cart is currently empty
Trust The StoneFly and 2X Fly Fishing Outfitters for your Montana fly fishing adventures. Our seasoned guide staff will work hard to ensure you have a fantastic day. Beginners, seasoned anglers, and everyone in between will feel right at home. We offer guide trips on the Big Hole River, Beaverhead River, Jefferson River, Clark Fork River, Madison River, and Missouri River.
Please call to reserve your trip.
$650 - 1 or 2 anglers for a full day float trip (8 hrs)
$550 - 1 or 2 anglers for a half day float trip (4 hrs)
$700 - 1 or 2 anglers Land of Giants Jet Boat full day trip
- Personal fishing guide service for roughly 8 hours minimum (full day) or 4 hours minimum (half day)
- A hearty, filling lunch made fresh each morning (full day), or a light snack (half day)
- Non-alcoholic beverages, water, soda, etc.
- Transportation from your lodging to the river and back
- Fly rods and reels if needed, any other necessary tackle
- Flies, leaders, tippets, and additional terminal tackle
- Montana Fishing License - which is required to fish in Montana. Non-resident licenses are $50 for 2 days, $81 for 10 days, and $111 for a season (these prices include the $10 conservation license and and $15 aquatic invasive species pass). They can be purchased easily on line HERE.
- Alcoholic beverages - it is simply BYOB.
- Guide gratuities - tips are customary in the fishing guide business, and we appreciate them. Tips should be earned, not necessarily expected, and reflect the level of service you have been given as the angler. As a general rule of thumb you can follow the same guidelines as restaurant tipping.
Making a Reservation
Advanced reservations are strongly suggested, as our core group of fly fishing guides is booked well in advance. As soon as you know your fly fishing trip dates we encourage you to make a reservation. At the time of your reservation please let us know of any heath concerns or dietary restrictions we should be aware of for you comfort and safety.
Deposit and Final Payment
2X Fly Fishing Outfitters requires a 25% deposit to book a trip. Final payment of balance is due no later than the last day of the planned trip.
2X Fly Fishing Outfitter's receipt of a deposit constitutes your agreement to our deposit and payment terms.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Deposits are taken for all parts of a trip the 2X Fly Fishing Outfitters accepts payment for. This includes, but is not limited to: guide trip fees, lodging fees, and other third-party fees. Lodging fees and other third-party fees are refundable according to the third-party’s booking and cancellation policy. Private Water Rod fees are non-refundable.
Changing the date you are booked is the same as cancelling and re-booking a separate trip. All cancellations must be given by written notice, either e-mail or by mail. The date a written cancellation notice is electronically received or postmarked will be considered the date of cancellation.
Trips may be cancelled at the discretion of the 2X Fly Fishing Outfitters, or its guides at any time and all guide trip deposits and funds will be refunded. This includes but is not limited to: conditions that jeopardize client and/or guide safety, federal and/or state closures, and guide availability/illness. Trips will not be cancelled due to natural factors, including adverse weather, river conditions, and air quality.
We make no exceptions to our booking and refund policy and encourage clients to purchase trip insurance with iTravelinsured if concerned about the possibility of cancellation.
We accept most major credit cards, checks, and cash for payment.